Friday 19 August 2011

New Start


Revelation 21:5 "And He that sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new."


With the sensory overload that accompanies a change of house, change of job, settling two children into family life that used to accommodate four children, we arrived in west Scotland.

The new neighbours were warm and friendly and fully lived up to the open hearted reputation that people in the west enjoy.

A new gym was enrolled in as well as the discovery of a new doctor and a new dentist. New ways of getting to work – walking – are also on the horizon as well as enjoying new fellowship with fellow pilgrims.

All of these new things mean that sleep comes very quickly at night but ‘…new every morning is the love of God’ (Lamentations 3:23)

The new life that I know in Jesus makes all of these other new things seem as nothing – the knowledge that, because I have new life in Jesus, He has led to this point in my life. Not one step would I change if it meant that I was out of the will of God and yet each and every day commenced with Him reminds me that I am, daily, a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Undoubtedly there will be many other new things to encounter but both Catherine and myself want to thank everyone who has made us feel so welcome as we become acquainted with our new roles. I would particularly thank the DHQ staff and regional team for preparations made and a very warm welcome to the working environment at Stepps.

Our passion is to see Salvationists fully immersed in life with Jesus and being full and purposeful disciples. We look forward very much to working with and for everyone associated with the Salvation Army in the West Scotland Division. God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment